Friday, June 28, 2019

AN EDITORIAL:


On June 27 I received an anonymous comment concerning my June 21, 2014 posting DINOSAURS IN ROCK ART? - THE HAVASUPAI CANYON HADROSAUR. In it I discuss the discoverer's belief that he had found the image of a hadrosaur dinosaur, and how new knowledge of their bearing and posture (among other things) makes that impossible (aside from their disappearance 65 million years before humans). This comment, from Unknown, states "although it is true we believe them to have walked or run with their tails horizontal as a counter weight so to speak. It is every but as likely that they would have used their tails to sit, reach something higher up or as a defensive posture, as postulated by the discoverer. Your argument that it is definitive proof as a hoax because the depiction shows him standing upright is both inaccurate and disengenuine."
An online dictionary I consulted defines disengenuine as "unworthy, fake, or deceptive" and the comment was sent to me by Unknown. In other words Unknown is calling me a liar. Well, Unknown, you actually have a reasonable point in your comment about the posture of hadrosaurs and I would have liked to discuss it with you. It is the policy of RockArtBlog to reply to all comments that I receive from people who give me names and e-mail addresses to reply to. You, however, like most of the people whose comments are meant to be insulting, provided neither. So, Unknown, you are a coward, and I can give you no credit for what strikes me as a small, but good, point in what might have been an interesting discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment