Saturday, April 28, 2018

AT LEAST HE ADMITS IT, A VANDAL'S CONFESSION:

I ran across the following online and I confess I am somewhat ambivalent about it. Yes, what he did was vandalism, but it does not appear that he wantonly destroyed a rock art panel or other cultural remains, although I believe that there was rock art nearby and so this would have affected the overall viewscape.
So, what do you think? Did he just do something stupid and now feels bad and wants to apologize, or  is he a smart marketer putting up a convincing front to try to get out from under? Should I believe him? Should you?

************************************


A MESSAGE FROM
RYAN & JEN ANDERSEN


DEAR FRIENDS AND






CONCERNED CITIZENS,

I am very sorry and embarrassed for my recent actions when visiting Corona Arch in southern Utah. While hiking in the Moab area with my family, I drew with a sandstone shard, a heart with my and my wife's initials and the year above it. 
At that moment, I foolishly thought I was conveying my love for my wife when, in fact, I was tarnishing the experience for others who also want to enjoy magnificent scenery. My actions were wrong. I am extremely sorry for my conduct. I acted in the spur of the moment and did not stop to think about what I was doing. 
Sometimes, our biggest mistakes can lead us to become better people. From now on, I will endeavor to leave no trace and help to protect our public lands. As part of that commitment, I have pledged to pay for the BLM's work to restore the damage I caused. I have also pledged to work with the government to speak out on this issue so others do not make the same mistake that I made. I truly believe that all of us have the responsibility to help ensure that our public lands remain pristine. 
I accept full responsibility for my actions. Neither Andersen Hitches nor its hard working employees, who are committed to supporting our loyal customers and their own families, had any involvement in my wrongdoing. To those dedicated employees, I offer my sincere apology. Going forward, I will do everything I can to show my employees, my community, and the public at large that this conduct is not what I stand for.
Sincerely, 










Please understand that my wife and I have wanted to come forward and make a statement from early on, but because the BLM still has an active investigation going on, we felt that we should wait. We have been cooperating with the BLM and await their decision.

HTTPS://RYAN-ANDERSEN.ORG/



No comments:

Post a Comment